Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pump adjustments problem.help.

27cat ยท 2012-12-01 15:08

I am looking for tips for pressure adjustments on pump of a Komatsu pc 240-3.I have stall problem and a lot of smoke in engine and the machine is very slow.Can anybody help me on this?

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2012-12-24 11:30

    Good day Sir In our experience you do not have a pump issue unless some devil has messed with the adjustments, we recommend you check out the motor - hydraulics do not adjust themselves but motors are a variable. Email me if you require specific information on [email protected] Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2John C.2012-12-24 12:09

    A Dash 3 is a pretty old machine. What has been done to the pumps in the past? What have you done so far? Give us some history and maybe we can help. I would be very surprised to hear that they are original.

  3. #3Diddley2012-12-24 21:28

    How recently has your pilot filter been changed? Its possible your load sense pressure (pilot pressure) isn't properly unloading your pumps causing it to smoke, work hard and stall. Also possible that low pilot pressure wont move valve spools as desired resulting in a "slow" machine. Remember you cant rule out an engine problem either when it comes to these types of things. If your turbo is not performing withing spec you could overwork and kill the engine and cause engine smoke mentioned (if its black), and if the engine is overworked and RPM are below spec under load it could seem "slow" I'd take off intake tube to turbo and check radial free play of turbo shaft and order a pilot oil filter. I was sent out to a D375 dozer the other day for a hydraulic problem and after the basic checks I found the turbine had grenaded and found a bit less than half of it Good luck