Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304CR hydraulic function loss

Blackbeard5311 ยท 2025-03-14 16:51

I have a cat 304cr (model# S4L2, serial# 00091430, arrangement# 2298490) that sat parked for a few weeks. Worked fine when parked, now has no hydraulic function at all. Armrest switch ohms out good, and is receiving voltage when engine is running. I get pressurized fluid at all the test ports on the pump, this leads me to believe the coupler is ok. What else am I missing here? Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-03-14 17:11

    You have given the deails of the engine. Do you have a machine Serial Number.? It may be written as the Product Identification Number on the data plate. The last 8 characters of the PIN may be AX4xxxxx

  2. #2Blackbeard53112025-03-14 17:21

    apologies, NAD02059

  3. #3Nige2025-03-14 17:27

    No problem, but to get the correct elctrical schematic it's important. The switch could be working OK, but is the signal getting where it is supposed to.? Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic.

  4. #4EK7012025-03-16 00:27

    Check under the cab directly under the seat for a small hydraulic block with an accumulator on top. There are two solenoids on it. Make sure the wiring is intact. The top solenoid is what the armrest safety switch controls. I had similar symptoms on my 305CR (which is very similar to the 304CR) And it was because a rat chewed the wires to the solenoid.