Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine Oil

Kenskip1 ยท 2022-12-21 21:03

I had a thought the other day, and I have been wondering about this. Does anyone use full synthetic engine oil in there equipment? With the cost of it so high, I was wondering if the benefits of using the full synthetic engine oil is it worth the cost over conventional motor oil. What does the engine manufacture recommend? If going from conventional oil to full synthetic would this void the engines warranty? Thanks Ken

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2022-12-21 22:43

    Most common if you need it to start in cold temps and can't plug it in. Otherwise not worth it, especially for small stuff that gets more years than hours on the oil. "semi synthetic" is so good these days that it doesn't matter.

  2. #2zeroo2022-12-23 14:44

    Is it even a measurable cost difference? How often you changing oil? I run it cause its better. And i like the taste.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-12-24 01:36

    Especially a compact machine with a compact engine. You could run a premium group v synthetic reasonably economic.

  4. #4John C.2022-12-25 16:25

    We are seeing only "synthetic" oils on the retail market now days. All the standard oils are more expensive than what is advertised as partially or fully synthetic. Only price breaks on standard oils that I see now days are on wholesale prices at the distributor.