Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 throttle issue

03 EC210 · 2019-06-20 17:49

Hi All I have a 2010 cat 305 D CR ( sr # XER00267 ) The last few weeks the throttle rotation device (potentiometer I believe) has been acting up. I try to throttle down and it does nothing. A few back and fourths and it would work again. Today it quit completely, stuck at 3/4 throttle. Is there a way to fix this or is it a separate part I can buy? Thanks in advance

Replies9
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-06-21 07:13

    Just mark it where it sits & then take it off & clean it.. they get dirt in'm & lock down. MARK IT 1st.

  2. #2Mobiltech2019-06-21 07:47

    Could be governor control motor on engine. Does this model show the throttle position on the monitor. If it does and if the number changes when you moves the knob then you are looking for a servo or governor motor problem.

  3. #3kshansen2019-06-21 08:02

    I found this trouble shooting info on SIS, see attached file. Also if you need a wiring diagram stat a conversation with me and send me an email address in it.

  4. #4kshansen2019-06-21 08:23

    Going by SIS operation manual it appears that the monitor does show the speed setting:

  5. #503 EC2102019-06-21 10:43

    Thanks guys Pump guy I will try cleaning it first. Mobiltech This machine does not have a monitor, only standard gauges. Kshansen I will reach out for the diagram if need be. Does anyone know the part name and/or number if I were to call cat and ask to buy a new one. Thanks again

  6. #6thepumpguysc2019-06-21 11:19

    I'm assuming this is the one that bolts/sits ontop of the throttle on the inj. pump??

  7. #7Nige2019-06-21 12:29

    Here's the parts page for the governor control. The rotary switch is a 268-0761.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2019-06-21 12:41

    I guess I was wrong>> as usual..

  9. #9Nicholas18342024-03-14 17:21

    What was the Verdict. Dealing with the same thing right now but mines just stuck pinned. Prior to it being stuck full throttle I could hear the solenoid clicking and throttle would bounce slightly at certain times and be fine during others. I’m thinking it’s the rotary dial rpm control but am curious on what your solution was. Bought the machine last week ran fine until 2 days ago when this started happening and today when it got stuck pinned. Throttle mechanism on motor seems like it was replaced recently and seems free. Thinking it’s an electrical fault somewhere or something