Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 311B water pump

Theralfinator ยท 2018-02-28 03:40

My business partner has been looking around for a water pump for the excavator but can't figure out which one is the right one for our machine. If anyone has a part number for it I would greatly appreciate it. 311B S/N: 8GR00134

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2018-02-28 05:27

    125-2929 or Reman 10R-8890.

  2. #2Theralfinator2018-02-28 08:40

    Thanks Nige! I've been looking around for a service manual for it for a while but I just can't bring myself to shell out the $500-$600. Do you know if something like this has the info I would need for the most part? https://youfixthis.com/caterpillar-excavator-repair-manuals

  3. #3kshansen2018-02-28 10:24

    Not Nige here, but guess I would contact that place and see if they could send you a couple sample pages out of the manual for your machine. Should not be too hard for them as it is in PDF format. The other option and probably one I would be checking first is to see if your local Cat dealer can set you up with SIS access even if they give you access to the parts breakdown for you specific machine that would be a big help. I know spending a few hundred on a book that will just sit on a shelf 98% of the time sounds like a lot but on the other side what does the local dealer charge for a road call, just getting a mechanic to drive out to your location and spend 10 minutes adjusting something minor might cost as much as that book! And if you save damaging one part while working on the machine you will be money ahead in a short time. Another idea is to set up an automatic Ebay Search, forget how to do it but know that at least you could in the past set up a search for something then every time someone posts something that matches your search you get an email, yea you will get a bunch of rubish at times but it can help. And once you have the book, in what ever format, the best thing you could do is to spend time reading it, maybe not every word on every page, but every so often flip through a few pages so you know what is in there when you do have a problem and get used to how things are arraigned.

  4. #4heymccall2018-02-28 13:11

    Don't forget to grease it periodically.

  5. #5Nige2018-02-28 13:25

    You could get a Parts Manual for less than $100 ............ https://catpublications.com/Search

  6. #6heymccall2018-02-28 22:21

    $100 for a parts manual? Your dealer can give you sis parts access with pricing, with no setup fee. Or, why not just use parts.cat.com for free. 100% free. Where do you think I get those pretty pictures?

  7. #7Theralfinator2018-03-01 09:14

    This is all great info. I'll work on getting some books but parts.cat.com should help out a lot until then. What types of information do the supplemental manuals usually have?

  8. #8heymccall2018-03-01 12:37

    As for the caterpillar service manuals, you don't have to the full binder. Some of the content is redundant or not applicable. Each segment has its own publication number and your dealer can provide you with a breakdown of the publication numbers and descriptions.

  9. #9Industrialstop2018-03-02 00:49

    Hi Theralfinator, I can help you about manual issue. You can contact with Industrialstop . Hope you'll got help from them.