Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312 bucket ram

Graham1 ยท 2012-05-23 16:17

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable priced second hand bucket ram for a Cat 312 in the UK? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-05-23 16:20

    mate we sell the 312 rams brand new but not in the UK but we can air freight them. our prices are low mate. let me know if you are intrested

  2. #2bigbob2012-05-24 21:25

    A good hydraulic shop can build a new rod by cutting off the eye from the old one, welding it onto a new piece of chrome rod stock, and threading the other end reusing the other end from the old setup.

  3. #3Graham12012-05-25 16:03

    Bigbob, Unfortunatly I don't have a ram for rebuilding. I made up an extra dipper attachment for some long reach grading work. I was in a hurry and could only source a 312 dipper, no ram, so I made up a fixed geometry one which works okay, but now I have tested it and it doesn't turn the machine over (if you are careful!) I want to add a ram and use the breaker circuit to operate the bucket.