Good morning guys, wanted to get some quick opinions on my cat 3126 that I have in my peterbilt 330 dump truck. It weighs about 18k empty and I’m going to be moving my cat d4 with it shortly and have some power concerns. I’ve been going through the truck over the past couple years and have replaced the HEUI, injectors and ecm due to various fault codes. I’ve resolved the codes but at the top end it still seems to be lacking. I know this engine isn’t going to pull like a beast but it should be able to tow 20k fairly easily (not breaking any speed records obviously). I have a fuel pressure gauge I connected after the filter and I have between 90-100psi of pressure under load so my fuel pressure is good. I have a boost gauge installed too and the highest I ever get to is 22psi and the sensor is mounted in a port on the manifold. The truck is definitely pulling a lot better after all the work but hoping to get a little more. I’m going to check the air to air for any leaks but curious if you had any other recommendations? engine sn# - 7AS60627 thank you, Justin
Did you perform the component swaps? Did CAT recal the ECM and Injection system after the swaps?
The place I sent the old ecm into said that the new ecm they sent would be calibrated already and be a direct swap. I had to provide them with the VIN, engine sn# and some other information but I was curious about that.
That was for the ECM, still have to do a Recal once installed with changed Injectors.
Thank you, didn’t realize that. The injectors didn’t come with any paperwork but I’m assuming a cat technician would be able to recal based on sensor values? I know when I ordered injectors for me car they had the injector specs so you could input them into the ecm for calibration. thank you, justin
The tech will need to follow a flow chart while connected to the engine with his laptop, everything installed and is a process.