Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 3126b in a 950g11 loader

theironoracle ยท 2015-03-03 14:37

I replaced injector cups in a 3126b huii engine. My question is, when I get in to Electronic Technician I can't find where to enter the injector codes? Do you not enter the codes for these engines? Do I have a limited version of ET which doesn't allow this? Do I not know how to use what I have? Also this thing still seems to fire a little slow after it sits for a while and I wanted to watch both cam/crank sensors separately can I do that? I am thinking it may have low compression in a couple of the cylinders because when its cold she smokes a bit and that may be what keeps from firing up? almost 19.000 hours on this engine...................Thanks.........TIO

Replies6
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-03-03 15:33

    If you put them back in the same cylinders you shouldn't need to put in codes. Later Bob

  2. #2theironoracle2015-03-03 15:40

    I didn't put them back in the same hole. Wouldn't have mattered the guy that put the injectors in a year ago never programmed them anyways...TiO

  3. #3Nige2015-03-03 16:14

    Try this......but you'll need the trim files for the 6 injectors that are currently installed in the engine. Connect to the engine with ET. Click on Service-> Calibrations -> Injector Trim Calibration. This should get you to the screen with the Etrim numbers for the 6 cylinders currently programmed into the ECM. To change a number, select the appropriate cylinder and click the change button. Select the appropriate trim file from the PC, click "open", followed by "OK". Repeat as necessary for the other 5 cylinders.

  4. #4theironoracle2015-03-03 16:22

    nige, Thanks very much. I work on so many different makes, models, systems and components I am always forgetting what I did the time before. There is a CAT dealer less than 30 miles away but they are so short handed and back logged I work on CAT stuff more and more everyday, maybe I will start to remember this stuff....TIO

  5. #5lazeride542015-03-10 14:53

    I have a cat skid loader 248B,the seat belt and parking brake light blinks and will not move

  6. #6lazeride542015-03-10 15:00

    248b cat skid loader runs fine but the parking brake and seat belt light keeps blinking and tractor will not move