Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 313F camera issue

onemoparnut · 2019-10-10 16:24

Hey everyone I just bought a cat 313F and I am having 2 minor issues with it. The first is that the rear camera display is always on when the machine is on. You cant see the gauges or anything because the camera is always on. I am not sure why this would be happening other that a stuck pressure switch but I have tried unplugging them one by one and it made no difference. The second issue is the travel alarm not working. I can see with my scanner that it is disabled but I am unable to turn it back on. I have done this before on the 308E but I cant figure out how to do it on this 313F. Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies4
  1. #1JD955SC2019-11-21 20:04

    1) if the travel alarm is not “turned on” it may not have one physically installed. I had a customer bring in a 320E and wanted it fixed but he was not aware that lacked one and the option was turned off. I installed one (there was a plug with a blank for it already as part of the harness) and turned it on. 2) I think there should be a button on the monitor to have it display normally with the gauges above the camera view instead of a full screen camera view. Play around with it. Camera stays on full time with those on the “home page” and only disappears when you enter the menu systems

  2. #2John C.2019-11-21 22:05

    As I recall you have to go into the menu to shift it from always on. I don't like them alway on either. I found it to be distracting.

  3. #3Nige2019-11-22 04:30

    Like John says you need to get into the Video Mode Menu in the Monitor to change the camera settings.

  4. #4onemoparnut2019-12-02 14:12

    ok so I got the machine back from cat and there is a switch on the right side control panel that turns the camera on and off. I did not know this switch was there the symbol looks like a AA battery so I never tried it. They apparently didn't know it was there either because they were troubleshooting why the camera was on all the time and broke the display monitor. So I had to pay for a new monitor and they give it back to me and the camera is either on or off with the switch. I think it should turn on when you start to travel. Am I wrong in my thinking here? They told me that they aren't really sure how it is supposed to work either but this is the best they could do for me.