Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does this switch do? on 2011 John Deere 85D Excavator

Serega ยท 2019-10-12 16:35

Hey does any one know what this little toggle switch is for on 2011 John Deere 85D. It is located inside the fuse box and has a guard over it... see picture

Replies11
  1. #1Bls repair2019-10-12 17:12

    From picture I would guess emergency shut off?

  2. #2Ronsii2019-10-12 21:23

    Emergency engine kill is at the bottom of the seat, pull lever. I jumped through the operators manual but didn't see anything... self destruct????

  3. #3uffex2019-10-13 02:16

    Good day On many machines there are ECU by-pass with a separate engine control this looks kind of similar. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4mg23612019-10-13 06:42

    It is a "learning switch" and should not be touched. Just make sure it stays in the center position (which it looks like it is). It is used for engine speed learning when any engine speed components have been replaced or adjusted.

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-10-13 08:22
  6. #6Ronsii2019-10-13 08:47

    LOL!!! Yeah, FWF I thought about putting up a pic like that

  7. #7Serega2019-10-13 18:24

    No, I think the shut off is the one right below it. but this small one must be for something else..

  8. #8Serega2019-10-13 18:25

    yea.. I don't want to play with it to see what would happen just not to cause some issue but it bothers me not to know what it does...

  9. #9Serega2019-10-13 18:30

    Interesting... (Would EGR delete be considered one of those?)

  10. #10mg23612019-10-13 18:43

    Nope.

  11. #11LACHAU2019-10-14 07:31

    You are right, Sir.