Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315AL Governor Motor crossover

Tim98TA ยท 2024-06-25 12:00

The parts book calls for a part # 106-0080 for this machine. I see so many other motors that look the same, have the same cable and end, and also have the same pin numbers. Is there really that much of a difference in them or will another motor truly fit this machine?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-06-25 14:36

    And "by the book" none of them will work. There is no Part Number other than 106-0080 that is called out on the 315-A L machine. There isn't even an updated P/N so you are left with only the one option.

  2. #2Tim98TA2024-06-25 16:22

    Yeah, I checked a bunch of the numbers. Some are 2 cable and specifically say a different engine. Some do say for a 315, but no sub numbers. They all seem to have the same pin connections as well. Just kind of odd that they would make so many variations of a simple item.

  3. #3Nige2024-06-25 16:33

    The 4YM-prefix 315-A machine is the only one that calls out the 106-0080 motor. It's not fitted to anything else.

  4. #4Tim98TA2024-06-27 14:14

    Pulled the OEM controller off this morning. It actually has 2 Caterpillar part number plates on it. See attachments. If I look up the 106-0080 it pulls up a single cable controller, which is what I have. If I look up 7Y5558 it pulls up a double cable controller. I had already ordered the 106-0080, so we will see.