I was just wondering if anyone had any information regarding cat 315 swing motors, Last year i changed the bottom seal in the motor because it was slowly leaking into the swing drive (not the turntable). I Followed the instruction in the cat manuel but did not like the fact that there was no way to seal the bushing that slid over the drive shaft. Sure enough it continued to leak a very vey small amount, So i've pulled it apart again and was thinking about sealing the bushing with either anaerobic sealer or bearing fix !! Just wanted to get some input. Thanks ks
Did you fit a new bushing in addition to replacing the seal.?
Often overlooked when swing issues arise is the case drain. On all my Caterpillar excavators drain through a filter, unlike the Kobelcos here. Since you didn't give a serial number, I'll have to guess as to whether the case drain filter is a 093-7521 or not. Either way, has it been changed recently?
Cft00678. Yes all hydraulic filters are changed every 1000hrs. Yes that is the correct filter.
No I did not replace the bushing, there is zero wear inside or out. The machine has 5k hours. I did see a small nik in the bottom o ring on the break. I’m wondering if that was pressuring the housing. Thx
For your peace of mind I don’t think that there is any reason you can’t install that bushing with a small quantity of a suitable bearing fix product, but if I was in your shoes I think I would be doing it with a new bush not the old one, just to be in the safe side.
That’s a good idea, I will get one ordered. Thanks for the info