Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320 hydraulics weak

ludlow · 2019-08-31 02:26

Cat 320 - early model - straight 320 7GJ. When I perform functions that require both pumps machine bogs to practically stalling. Had machine for 5 years worked fine all I can think of is that last time it came home from a job it did the same thing after pressure washing but came right back after a few days. I have all manuals and have done all I can think of. OBD and calibrations. Need help, Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2019-08-31 15:39

    Good day As always may I suggest check out the engine first the fact that pressure washing effected the power could be electrical, its best to begin with the obvious source of the problem. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2ludlow2019-09-01 11:53

    Hi and thanks. The engine seems fine. I watched the throttle cable stop and it is mechanically pinned at full throttle when engine bogs down from lack of pump output.

  3. #3ludlow2019-09-01 12:04

    If when I roll out bucket and hold it pump puts out full pressure. Does that mean that regulator is working properly and not stuck and pump functions properly. Because if it functions properly on each single pump why doesn’t it deliver on 2 pumps calling

  4. #4ludlow2019-09-01 12:17

    If I can read rpm in data mode. Does that mean that speed sensor is functioning properly