Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320DL Injectors sound

borcom ยท 2024-12-06 05:52

Hello people, I have a CAT 320DL that we have installed new injectors because of a faulty code that the machine was showing. The injectors are from ITR, not original. Now, the machine starts perfect, but it makes a sound like a knock. We tried unscrewing the IN pipe from one of the injectors and the machine works normally. We tried that for all injectors and it is the same, with the 6 inyectors the engine makes that knock, but with 5 it runs normally. I thought that the return valve could be damaged, but we took out and it was ok. I would like to know if the pressure of the rail is ok, but I am not finding how much it should be, and from where I can measure because on the display I cannot see that. If someone have any other idea I would try it. Thank you so much!

Replies4
  1. #1Cliffy2024-12-06 06:43

    Did you set the injector trim files? Also if the mprop on the injector pump is disconnected or wiring open, the pump will default to full rail pressure and will knock.

  2. #2borcom2024-12-06 06:46

    I just realize that. I am asking the seller for that.

  3. #3borcom2024-12-06 07:26

    Now the injectors are working ok, but I have the issue that when the pump 2 is under full load the engine wants to stall. If I do the same with the movements of the pump 1, it looks like the release valve is working fine and the engine works normally. Are there 2 separate valves for release hydraulic pressure?

  4. #4borcom2024-12-06 08:34

    I tested PRV, current is working Ok, around 0.7A. Pressure is also stable, at about 600psi. With no load and with.