Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 8018 year 2005

Regin Lindenskov ยท 2025-03-12 08:34

Hey, I have a jcb 8018 from 2005, but the engine has been changed in 2021. I have changed fuel, oil and air filter 2024. Now i am having trouble starting the engine. I have tried to jump start but it wont start. The engine is trying to start but simply cant get it up running. Any tips what I should check? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-12 18:48

    How about some new fuel filters. Is there any banjo bolts on the side of the fuel pump with plugged inner filter. How about disconnecting the fule line at the filter, is fuel pouring out? Try blowing air with a rag ball over the fuel tank filler and blow gun giving just 2 psi into the tank while cranking. You will feel the air pushing back against the rag ball. Any leaks will need to be fixed as they will suck air. Does it have an air intake shutdown device that is tripped. Can you blow air backwards into the tank and hear the bubbling. Is there fuel in the tank, not on the gauge. Does the engine crank fast enough. Have you pulled the air filters and tried spraying WD40 straight into the air intake while cranking. Some of these tests take 2 people. Simon C

  2. #2Regin Lindenskov2025-03-13 05:35

    Hey Simon, I did change the fuelolie filter 1year ago, the mschine has been running smoothly. But it has been 4months since i last started it, maybe that could cause some issue? The fuel tank is full, i did top it up to check. Could be some inner filter on the fuelolie pump maybe? Or the glow sticks ? I tried to upload a video on here but does not work. Can I send you a mail? Thanks