Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320DL Vibration

Dieselfixer · 2024-07-26 13:15

Hey All Looking for ideas. 320DL excavator has a pretty bad vibration. The vibration starts when the throttle is at position 5, gets a bit worse at position 6 & 7. Not as bad at position 8,9,or 10. Took the belts off and the vibration is still there. Recently had the hydraulic pump rebuilt so I thought it may be something in there causing the problem,. Removed the hydraulic pump and the vibration is still there. The only other work that has recently been done to the machine is the injectors & injection pump was replaced. Machine serial number is PHX04192. Any ideas of what's causing the vibration? Thanks, AL

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632024-07-26 13:29

    Does the engine have a damper on the front of the crankshaft?

  2. #2Cliffy2024-07-26 19:45

    Also check engine mounts. Drive coupling could be worn or loose as well. A missfire should be obvious.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-07-27 02:03

    A recent hydraulic pump, eh? I’m thinking something is going wrong with the drive coupling. They are meant to live about as long as the pump.

  4. #4Mobiltech2024-07-27 08:46

    My first thought was drive coupling too until I saw he ran it with the hydraulic pump off and it still did it. Seeing as you had injector work done is it a possible injector trim issue or weak cylinder.

  5. #5Dieselfixer2024-07-29 09:15

    I would have to get Cat back here to check for that. I don't have the computer to check it.

  6. #6Dieselfixer2024-07-29 09:17

    I ws just told that the hydraulic & engine temp is running high. Radiator and cooler has been cleaned out.

  7. #7Dieselfixer2024-07-29 09:19

    Drive coupling was replaced with the pump.

  8. #8Dieselfixer2024-07-29 09:22

    My man here says the vibration started after the injection work was done.