How can i rebuild fuel injection pump to work it on a dozer instead of generator? I plan use the engine with the pistons and everything that inside the block on the d9l, all attachments i will use from the original engine. I know that i must rebuild the governor and buy some details to match em with the fuel injection pump but i cant find right numbers, may be sbd knows how i can do it in the better way. Also, both engines with pumps are full mechanical. Thanks
Welcome to the HEF. You might be the only Russian here. Great to have you. We are practically neighbors. I can see Russia from Little Diomede Island. I recommend getting a parts book for the D9L and finding some microfiche on EBay so you can look up all the parts yourself. The governor springs are more difficult to look up. But, we can help you with that.
Konsta, Do you know Lars on Survival Russia? I love his YT Channel. Seems like a cool guy. https://m.youtube.com/@SurvivalRussia
Okay, thanks, i trying to find sth in catsis2.0, but there is a lot of types of pumps that have the different numbers but they looks the same
No, I haven't watched it, but it looks pretty useful, based on my work in the forest, bears are the biggest danger.
Do you have the Serial Numbers of both the dozer engine and the generator set engine available.?
Yes, the genset s/n is 81z18129, the dozer s/n is 73w07208, i watched on catsis that they have the same fuel injection pumps but different governors thats looks pretty similar instead of few details, i wanna know how can i rebuild genset version to use it on a dozer, thanks
Gensets generally have constant speed governors, a dozer is going to have a limiting speed governor.
Thanks, is it possible to rebuild governor by myself? And I asked one person that know not a lot of bout it and he said that I also need to replace the part that is behind the high-pressure pump, but in the catsis2.0 I saw that the numbers for these parts are the same. Do I need to replace this low pressure fuel pump with another one? (Its left on the image)
I compared the pump models in catsis2.0 and realized that the only difference is the governor. Am I correct in assuming that I just need to replace the generator governor with a bulldozer one and have it adjusted at a service center? I was told that the transfer pump needs to be replaced, but according to catsis2.0, they're the same.
It all depends on your level of mechanical aptitude and the tools that you have available. Locate the procedure is SIS then study the Diasassembly and Assembly of the governor. Ask yourself the question do you feel capable of doing that job. From the parts diagrams the governors are completely different. The 18Z-prefix genset governor is an electrically-actuated Woodward-type governor (see 1st image), the 73W-prefix bulldozer engine governor is mechanically actuated (2nd image). Therefore you will need to obtain a complete mechanically actuated governor to install on the injection pump of the generator set engine. Was there an old (damaged?) engine that was removed from the bulldozer that the governor could be removed from.?
I also see the fuel injection pumps as being different despite the fact that they appear to be identical externally. I have not dug deeply into the details but the basic injection pump for the 18Z generator set is Part Number 4W-8765 and the same pump for the 73W . bulldozer engine is 4W-6068. The fact that they are different Part Numbers indicates some (most probably internal) differences. You should make a detailed investigation of the parts list of both injection pumps to identify the parts required to modify the fuel injection pump from the generator set engine to convert it to the required arrangement for the bulldozer engine. After all that has been done the fuel injection pump and governor will require final setting by a fuel injection specialist on a test bench.
When ever working on the injection pumps be sure to have a good way to block the engine intake air if something was not done correct and it runs away wild. You can also use a Co2 fire extinguisher to spray into the intake as well, or even a good quantity of nitrogen I would suppose, just remember you need good air to breath your self so becareful. And yeah welcome here. I really like that Garage 54 on you tube have you seen it.
Hello, thanks, genset s/n is 81z, its pump is pure mechanical, i will send you a photo, all other parts are similar, i have the dozer governor but it’s away like 1000 km of my city and there is a lot of snow right now, only way its a snowmobile, i also considering buying a regulator but can’t find it, sellers told me that they have only new version that number is 4w7416 but it looks so different and priced like the old fuel pump(around 3-5000$)
This is what they have
Hello, thanks, yes, i have seen it, my favourite videos where they used self-made pistons