Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 345B Slew Ring.

MarioH · 2025-03-12 02:05

Hi everyone, Please I am after a CAT 345B Slew ring. I have reached out to the CAT service centre close to me, and have been given a quote for the entire bearing system, which is very expensive. Mine has just one broken teeth on the Slew ring, and I am wondering what the effect of using it would be if it is put back to work. Please I will greatly appreciate links to sourcing a just a CAT 345B Slew ring, and other insights. Thank you for your time.

Replies9
  1. #1skyking12025-03-12 04:15

    Get the part number and search with that. I put an import ring on the JD120 and it was half the price of the dealer.

  2. #2MarioH2025-03-12 05:09

    Thank you for your response Skyking. I will proceed as advised.

  3. #3Vetech632025-03-12 08:02

    I saw a guy weld up a tooth for a missing one...........that was back in the 80's

  4. #4MarioH2025-03-12 08:08

    Oh wow. Someone have suggested welding as an option too. I am however worried it may break off again with the level of load it bears while working. Thank you for reinforcing welding as an option too.

  5. #5Shimmy12025-03-12 09:12

    If it works hard enough that you're concerned about it, you need to bite the bullet and fix it. The bigger the toy, the bigger the upkeep pricetag.

  6. #6Nige2025-03-12 09:28

    Not available separately as a spare part. That’s why the dealer quoted you a new bearing assembly. For one broken tooth welding would be an acceptable repair. The caveat is that you need a very good welder who knows what he’s doing. Do you have some good photos of the broken tooth.?

  7. #7skyking12025-03-12 11:40

    Yes and it requires the same level of disassembly to get it cleaned up and welded properly. Just a thought.

  8. #8MarioH2025-03-18 19:19

    Thank you for your response Shimmy.

  9. #9Plummer1942025-03-18 21:15

    I got a price from fortis hd on a 345 slew ring and it wasn’t too bad