Hey guys, Aaron here again with some new photos. I have a CAT 350L operated by Kelley Trucking here in Denver. This is a great machine to see in person. I hope you all enjoy these.
sure looks a lot bigger than a 345...... why did they go to the 345 anyway??
I hear that those 350's are junk.
These are great machines unless you have to track, dig, or work on any unlevel terain. I've ran a few and never one i would want to run again.:usa
They went to the 345 in 97 I believe.
this is too funny... the only thing I ever heard bad about the 350 was hydraulic reliability issues... Other than that they're supposed to monsters when they were running good, capable of easily burying a 345 or 345B... Around here I've heard nothing but good things about the 350s... we always wished we got one instead of our 345s... our competitors would never buy a 345, they loved the 350s.
I always found the 350 to be a dog. It could be buried by a 345 without much trouble.
wow, that's interesting... I should have mentioned I never actually had any seat time in a 350, just 345BL series one and two... But everybody was telling us we were stupid to buy those 345s! lol
:usa i've run two of them, one of which ran very well and yes they will burry a 345, but i mostly was working on unlevel terrain and had to pull my self up anything above 10%. The other was a nightmare, it was always one thing after another, it had very little power even after a service and it never felt like it ran like it should. It may have been the way the company maintained that machine so i may be jaded on that machine:beatsme. I guess it depends on your application.:usa
Ran a 350 set up as an ME. Was running a 6 yard esco bucket. She was slow, but would pull everything out of the hole in one shot. Boom, stick, and bucket functions were not too bad speed wise, but swing and travel would put you to sleep waiting.
i heard they had major problems with this machine,hydraulic was a big issue with this machine either you got one that ran good or one that ran like crappo,,but unfortunitly i think more bad came out then good,,
great pictures! im from dhs diecast forms ( cat 966f )
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums cat 325ccr! :drinkup
thanks!