got a 555E I just purchased and the previous owner took quite a few shortcuts on wiring, Alternator is incorrect , he replaced ignition switch with aftermarket and left cut wires hanging etc and correcting that. I am trying to clean it up because something is draining the battery even with the negative shutoff on. My question is, there are 2 green wires running by the alternator, green and black that I found goes to the temp gauge and has been reconnected and a green with white stripe I cannot locate, I hate to have it not attached. Anyone know where it goes? I do not see it in the instrument panel anywhere.
Best I can tell the green and white wire goes to the temperature sender. One tip when asking for advise is to state whether you have a cab or open station and if it is power shuttle or power shift transmissions.
sorry, just signed up today, it is open and shuttle. I hooked the Green and black to the sensor and the temp gauge is working, not entirely sure how to read that schematic. Thanks for the quick response, can you tell what the Green and whit is supposed to be plugged to?
Sorry, or where should the green and Black go?
The green and black is plugged into the back of the temp gauge so I assumed it went to the sensor and it works when plugged into the sensor.
It's pretty difficult to find the wire colors in the PDF manual I have but it looks like the Green and Black is also listed for the temperature gauge and sensor. Maybe one is optional for a different model or something? It's not uncommon for a wiring harness to have unconnected wires for different models. BUT, typically a gauge will have constant power and a variable ground signal from the sender. A single wire sender will just send the variable ground. The one I found first says sender and switch and has a switch symbol. Maybe it triggers an alarm or something? Not sure?