Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420 IT cylinder

Neches ยท 2025-02-06 00:16

I have a 420 D IT that I just had the tool attachment cylinder repacked. This machine has had constant electrical issues from previous patch jobs and rodent damage. The problem I'm having is with the rebuilt cylinder I can engage the pins but they will barely retract. Does anyone have a wiring schematic or a diagram of how the hoses are routed on the cylinder? I'm coming behind a previous patch job and guessing at what to do

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-02-06 09:38

    I see more than 30 different flavours of 420. The crystal ball is broken so without a Serial Number it is impossible to answer your question.

  2. #2Neches2025-02-06 22:17

    Here's a picture of the s/n tag if you can make it out

  3. #3heymccall2025-02-06 22:32

    Is the handle on the LH hose block of the coupler turned horizontal?

  4. #4Nige2025-02-06 22:37

    Simple - BLN13366. Check your message inbox. You should find a schematic in it. Please answer @heymccall 's question first.

  5. #5Neches2025-02-06 23:13

    I believe it's down but at the moment I'm 70 miles from the machine. I'm looking at the drawing and seeing the one solenoid I have on the manifold block. I don't have the blocks above the cylinder but do have a plug tied off next to the wires going into the solenoid