Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420D Tranny ?

socks ยท 2008-03-09 09:07

I have a 420D that is blowing tranny oil out its breather (looks like a mushroom) on the top left hand side of the transmission. It will lose a quart of oil in 24miles is this normal for a Cat 420D and roading, I am new to a Cat machine and I asked the local dealer about it he said it was normal( but I have trouble beliving him). Has any body else ran into this before?

Replies3
  1. #1mikef872008-03-09 18:35

    I've got a Cat 420D IT and i haven't had an problems with oil blowing out the tranny. Something may be blocked in the tranny lines.

  2. #2socks2008-03-10 21:46

    Yeh thats what I was thinking. It's just where to start. The machine only has 1700 hrs on it! Thanx

  3. #3mikef872008-03-11 21:19

    No problem, let me know how everything works out.