Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420e belt tensioner

justsomedude · 2024-07-29 15:33

Hiya folks. I’ve got a 2010 cat420eit serial Dan00662. The pulley on the belt tensioner is stuck. I can see the tensioner assembly on the parts manual 377-9087 but no part number for just the pulley itself. Anyone know if you can just take the roller off and change it? If so is there a part number for that? Or am I just stuck swapping the entire tensioner.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-07-29 15:44

    No piece parts available I'm afraid. A complete tensioner or nothing.

  2. #2justsomedude2024-07-29 16:27

    Fair enough. Figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Thanks for weighing in Nige. Helpful as always.

  3. #3edgephoto2024-07-31 00:14

    You might be able to buy a bearing and replace it. Not from Caterpillar but from a bearing supplier. If you can read the number on the bearing you can Google it and find it. If not find a local bearing supplier and they can probably match something up.

  4. #4Joe H2024-07-31 01:28

    Like this thing? https://www.yearnparts.com/en/brand...t-loader-416e-416f-420e-420f-engine-c6-6.html Joe H

  5. #5HarleyHappy2024-07-31 10:52

    Just go on Amazon and get one, they are pretty cheap.