Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420F2 2015 won’t crank and can anyone recommend an aftermarket code reader ?

WandoSam ยท 2025-12-21 13:17

I removed the ECU that's bolted to the bottom of the floor plate, pressure washed, replaced it, drove it into my shop, replaced it, changed the thermostat and one heater hose to the DEF tank. Have yellow flashing warning, starter won't turn at all when the key is turned, the yellow light that comes on when you turn the batteries off doesn't anymore.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-12-21 14:58

    Post a machine Serial Number. You might be able to read codes from the dash panel.

  2. #2WandoSam2025-12-21 17:05

    OHWC00388, sorry, I forgot

  3. #3Nige2025-12-21 17:08

    You're in luck. See the attached. Also see SEBU9215 for instructions on how to access the Service Menu.

  4. #4WandoSam2025-12-22 11:51

    Awesome ! Thank you !

  5. #5WandoSam2025-12-22 13:04

    I had a connector that partially pulled apart right beside the heater hose to the DEF tank that I changed. Not having the Yellow Light next to the battery shut off light up when I turned the battery off was the indication. Hopefully this thread helps someone else, Happy Holidays !