Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426b backup alarm

bwasphalt ยท 2014-12-16 01:55

I have a 426b the back up alarm stays on all the time . Where should I start?.

Replies7
  1. #1kshansen2014-12-16 05:30

    You did not give a S/N so I did a look at the wiring for a 5YJ series 0-02299 S/N Looks like there is a hot wire feeding to the alarm 121Yellow that would be hot with key on and then the 321Brown wire goes up to the Parking brake/Back up alarm switch where it is grounded to turn on the alarm. If this is how yours is wired I would try unhooking the 321 Brown from the switch to see if it shuts off the alarm. If it does then I'm thinking the switch might be bad. If with the 321 Brown off the switch it keeps working then I would be checking for a short to frame in the wiring leading to switch.

  2. #2bwasphalt2014-12-16 13:44

    You can apply and release parking brake .and the light on the dash comes on . IS this the park/back up switch that you are referring to ?

  3. #3bwasphalt2014-12-16 14:17

    Or is it this switch. 8c-5492 located on the rh side on the transmissin?

  4. #4Nige2014-12-16 15:03

    The Parking Brake/Backup Alarm switch is a 3E-7273. It appears to be located on top of the transmisison.

  5. #5Bob/Ont2014-12-16 15:55

    Yes it is and is toggled on by the forward reverse control lever.

  6. #6Nige2014-12-16 16:43

    This is it ........... #22 in the diagram below.

  7. #7bwasphalt2014-12-17 06:37

    Have bad switch thanks for help .