Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 446B Starter Relay Location ?

Dennis VW ยท 2025-03-14 16:27

Hi this is Dennis VW, I have a CAT446B Backhoe with a starter issue. I think the starter relay is bad. I would like to test it. Where is this located on the machine?? Thank You for your help!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-03-14 16:38

    Can you provide a machine Serial Number please. it makes it easier to look up information, especially in regard to the electrical schematic of which there are various options.

  2. #2Dennis VW2025-03-15 13:40

    Hi Nige, Thank You for the quick reply. The nameplate is hard to read. I have two numbers. X5BL00235X and 3114DIT97Z00555. I hope this helps Dennis VW

  3. #3Nige2025-03-15 14:00

    That's it. There are 4 identical relays on the back side of the instrument panel and no clear identification which one is which. It will require the electrical schematic to identify the start relay by the wire colours/numbers that are connected to it. Check your message inbox.