Im running a new cat 548 with a waratah 623c.the track drive seems very weak and slow.is this normal for this model machine?
If it’s brand new then maybe the pressures didn’t get checked before it left the stealership. Most forestry machines have good track power.
How weak and slow? The 558's are pretty slow and weak in the travel compared to the 568's. I'd imagine that a 548 with a head would be a little on the weak side while turning. Every once in a while the limited mobility switch will get flipped but that usually shows up on the screen.
Where would I find that switch?
If it started getting weak the seals in the rotory coupling may have let go.
Its brand new,120 hrs
I see I've never worked on any of the cat forestry stuff I was going out on a Limb.
Lol
The switch is usually behind the right armrest I think.
Thanks,I'll look tomorrow
With only 120 hours on it, I’d have the dealer coming out to look at it
They did,fiddled with the drive motors,no help.the main boom and swing seem weak too.I dont know,maybe im expecting too much out of it.
A 548 is a very underperforming machine for what you are trying to do, It is like a 324 which was too small of a machine for a 623 head. You needed the 558. *Edit* It is not an underperforming machine but people put a 623 head on them when really they should have a 622 for that carrier.
It really is too small of a machine,I run it but I dont really like it.
We had one with a 600southstar and it was quickly replaced with a 558. But you gotta run what you brung
I was very surprised my boss even bought a processor,he's an old school logger,he's been happy with our 324/4550 denharco.
Those make nice logs and beautiful decks
If you have an operator with any pride on a dangle head they make nice logs and very nice decks without loosing production.
We have excellent operators but a stroker will still make a slicker log.
Been a few years since I started this thread,thought I would give a short update.This processor has been a total turd from brand new.everything has been really slow and weak.The cat mech.came out a few weeks ago to update something and while looking through the computer he saw that the main pump flow restrictor had been engaged this whole time,what a kick in the nuts!Machine ran a little better after he turned that off.Was looking in the computer in the cab the other day and come up with the page on the pumps.this thing has been running on one pump also.WOW!!nut shot again!I checked the little box to let both pumps fully work and this machine is a complete other machine.could use a lot more power but I'm not complaining about the increase I got.anyway,thanks for listening.