Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 6.6 oil pressure issue.

partsandservice · 2020-06-27 18:32

563c wheel buncher JCB00321. Oil pressure reads 34psi continuously, engine running or not. Found engine oil pushing into the plug, so I replaced the pressure sensor which changed nothing. Ohm tested the three wires to ecm plug all checked ok. Three wire sensor. I have 5volts supply voltage . The signal wire has 1.66 volts engine on or off. When I have the oil pressure sensor unplugged. The signal wire reads voltage close to 12v. Any ideas would be appreciated .

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2020-06-28 05:32

    5v power is stabilized sensor supply voltage from the ECM. 1.66v ought to be pull-up voltage from the ECM seeing as the EOP sensor is a PWM type. Can't explain the 11.11v with the sensor disconnected. Do you have a schematic.? I can send you one if you need it. I think that looks like an ECM or software issue. Try re-flashing the ECM with the latest engine software . If that doesn't fix it then I'm thinking the ECM has a fried board component.

  2. #2JD955SC2020-06-28 07:09

    you could unpin that signal wire from the ECM and sensor and replace it with a temporary jumper wire to see what she reads. I am moving to that as a standard trouble shooting technique because that way it tells you very quickly where the wire(s) in question are good or bad or if it’s the component.

  3. #3partsandservice2020-06-28 22:44

    Well other than the wire, that flash/ecm replacement takes me out of the picture. Thanks for the offer on the wiring schematic but I already have one.

  4. #4Mark2502020-06-29 02:48

    I agree with that. I am now in the habit of unpinning the wires directly at the ECM connector and hard wiring the sensor just to confirm that the harness is not an issue

  5. #5partsandservice2020-06-29 10:57

    After paying more attention to the wiring harness, I discovered that pin1 and pin 3 on the sensor plug we're backwards. Pin 1 should be 5v ref and pin 3 should be signal wire . Swaped them and all works good . Thanks.

  6. #6Nige2020-06-29 11:39

    I wonder how long it had been like that..?

  7. #7partsandservice2020-06-29 11:57

    Me too . This machine has exhaust issues and is locked out and will only run 30 seconds at a time. While I was determing that there was nothing I could do because factory password are needed . When I was looking at the data I realized that the oil pressure was at 34 with the engine off. Needed to be fixed anyway !