Kress Corp is now building a scraper that will be sold only through Cat dealers. They call it the K11, but it really is an updated version of the old 613. Must still be some demand out there for small elevating scrapers, and the old used 613's are becoming scarce. I guess Cat is basically farming out limited production to Kress Corporation. Jeff
The old 613's were made by Johnson Manufacturing in Texas, guess things have come full circle?
That is interesting. I did not realize those were farmed out to Johnson. I do know that Johnson built the first 623 size elevating scrapers for Cat. We had a J621, (J for Johnson), that we ran up into the mid 90's. I believe that Johnson built the scraper part, and Cat built the tractor part.
That's probably correct, I remember the serial plate riveted to the side of the can. Now mind you it has been 25 years so it *could* have been the lone 623 we had at that time, but if I didn't kill those brain cells back in the day I am remembering correctly, lol.