Ive just started working at a shop that buys auction vehicles and ive got 3 codes on a cat 730 (B1W00402), all dealing with transmission ecm or transmission;718-13, 650-5, and 296-14. The problem im having is that I'm completely unfamiliar with this vehicle and I can't even find the tranmission/chassis ecm to start troubleshooting. The only light i have on my dash indicators is a yellow exclamation point after my needles sweep- no other functionality at all. Im guessing I have a bad harness or bad Xmsn ecm, but I need to find it to find out. Any help would be appreciated.
You're going to need an electrical schematic. Check your message inbox. With those Codes it appears that there is a bad ECM or the Datalink between ECMs is damaged/corrupt somewhere. The 718-13 is effectively saying that the transmission clutches require calibration. You're going to need ET for this one.
Ive ET, but this shop is pretty "mom and pop" and nobody knows where to even find the transmission ecm on the vehicle. Google isnt helpful, and ive been digging through hydraulic mud on top of this transmission just trying to find it and disconnect the harness. Also my transmission ecm isnt on the list for things that can be calibrated.
The 718-13 refers to calibration of the transmission clutches, not the powertrain ECM. Your ET screenshot shows that neither the Powertrain nor the Implement ECMs are online. That smacks of a Datalink communication problem The schematic should show the locations of all the components. Maybe a good pressure washing is called for before going any further.?
I think at this point my only course of action is a massive pressure washing endeavor, amd maybe even removing the cab entirely to get access.
You are aware that the cab tilts I hope.?
Oh ya, it's just that with my almost non existent experience on these machines coupled with how little access it affords the cab tilt isnt much help.