Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 939 fuel injection pump

KTRasch ยท 2023-08-05 09:28

I'm looking for diagrams or schematics for the Cat 3046 engine fuel injection pump. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. K. Rasch

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2023-08-05 10:20

    You looking for Parts diagrams.? Is this from an early 9GL-prefix machine.? If so please post a machine Serial Number.

  2. #2KTRasch2023-08-05 12:57

    SN 9GL229. Yes, diagrams for parts and repair. Before we remove it, I want to make sure we have the proper procedure. I bought the machine in a non running condition. Upon initial inspection, found the pump was not providing fuel to the injector lines and a loose washer laying inside the housing. The machine has 3074 hours on the service meter and has all indications of a low hour unit. Thank you for your response.

  3. #3Nige2023-08-05 13:42

    This one may take a while. Attached the procedures to R&I the injection pump/governor assembly and to set the front timing gears.

  4. #4Nige2023-08-05 13:50

    So here is the top level parts illustration. The problem is that there is no detailed parts breakdown of the 111-0263. All I can find is a serviced Part Number of 107-3729 for the complete FIP & Governor Gp. I cannot guarantee that the parts in your FIP will be 100% the same.

  5. #5Nige2023-08-05 13:56

    Attached the parts breakdown of the 107-3729 Group that contains the 107-8526 FIP & Governor Gp. Also the breakdown of the individual parts within the group.

  6. #6KTRasch2023-08-05 19:07

    Nige, thanks for the help, I'll let you know what we find. Cap

  7. #7Welder Dave2023-08-07 02:52

    Is it getting fuel to the injection pump? Wondering if a fuel line or screen in the fuel line is plugged from dirty fuel. 3074 hours seems pretty low for the IP to be bad. I had a plugged screen that drove me nuts because I didn't know it was located inside a hex fitting.

  8. #8KTRasch2023-08-07 13:05

    I wish it was that simple. There are washers / shims laying at the bottom of the housing.

  9. #9Welder Dave2023-08-07 16:21

    I thought only 1 washer. Still confusing why someone would need to go into the pump with a little over 3000 hours.