Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 941b roller frame track guards

charles walton · 2023-01-06 13:06

I’ve got the maintenance done on my undercarriage now I need a new set of guards to make her look good. Does anyone on here know of a aftermarket source?

Replies9
  1. #1charles walton2023-01-08 06:09

    I guess nobody knows anything.

  2. #2Nige2023-01-08 09:39

    With something sheet metal like that a metal fabrication company would be a good first call. The guy in the 977 thread manufactured his own replacement guards. Start around page 8. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3charles walton2023-01-08 10:19

    yessir,I saw that a while back and they are nice but I don't have the time or the SKILL to do that, I was hoping there was an aftermarket company somewhere that would make me up a set. I think the D4e uses the same set.

  4. #4Cat9772023-01-08 20:11

    Try finding a parts machine on Machinery Trader.

  5. #5Nige2023-01-09 09:27

    The problem is that the guards on old machines are either bent like pretzels or missing altogether, which is where the OP came in with his machine.

  6. #6sawmilleng2023-01-09 10:53

    I'd try getting some photos of what I want for guards and sniff around for a shop that can also do field work to make them up and fit them to your machine. May not be cheap but you can spec how heavy you want them so they will survive longer than stock guards. Jon.

  7. #7Cat9772023-01-09 14:11

    Follow the old guys with experience on metal work.... See if they plan on doing work from home in semi-retirement and get their number!!! Not to say there aren't plenty of good young Iron Workers. Just that they may be busy in the upcoming years!

  8. #8charles walton2023-01-09 19:15

    I have some old rusty bent up covers,I want some good straight ones.

  9. #9Nige2023-01-09 19:56

    I'd only ever seen photos of the machine with the guards missing. I assumed it was like that when you bought it, which in itself is not unusual. Take the rusty bent up covers to a fab shop and have them make you a pair would be my suggestion. Have them use some of the suggestions in that thread I linked such as creating the angle on the top of the guard by bending the plate around a piece of thick-walled pipe of a suitable diameter.