Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 943, bad hydraulic noise/vibration

Westfork ยท 2011-02-23 19:22

CAT 943, bad hydraulic vibration Hi all, I am new here and I hope someone can answer my question(s). I have a 86 943, which is an awesome machine, but last month I got is semi-stuck in the mud, which has left me with a bad vibration. Let me explain: I was working around my pond and got the front end a little stuck in the muck (bucket wouldn't push me out), so I raised the loader boom all the way up and left it running (5 mins) while I got some 6x6's. While I got the 6x6's I saw a huge puff of smoke from the tractor, so I ran over and shut it off. I looked at where the smoke was coming from and it melted the plastic hyd measuring window on the hydraulic reservoir. I got that fixed and filled the reservoir back up with AW32 oil and when I tried to run the loader, it made a really bad vibration noise coming from the reservoir. The pump sound fine. It does not vibrate the first 30 seconds after I start it or when the throttle is less 20% WOT. Sound kinda like something is preventing the flow. I have ordered a maintenance manual because I do not know where the filter is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #11080 bobcat2011-02-24 03:18

    Sounds like the cartiages in the pump if got hot to melt the window on hyd tank

  2. #23rdGenDslWrench2011-02-24 16:57

    If it had too much hyd oil in it and couldnt cool down properly thats what would have caused the sight glass to melt down. Thus causing the pump to get hot also.

  3. #3dsichewski2011-02-24 22:53

    sucking air perhaps? if you got it hot enough to melt the sight glass I'm guessing you backed all the o-rings on the hoses/pipes connecting to the tank? don't know if thats it but something to consider. can you get a audio/video of the noise? that might help...

  4. #4Westfork2011-02-25 15:57

    dsichewski, The noise is coming from the loud vibration of the hydraulic tank. It does not vibrate when a low RPM's. I am going to change the filter this weekend so if that doesn't help, I will take some video. I will also take a look at the O-rings on the hoses connected to the tank. Thanks for the replies.