Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 943 hesitation going into forward or reverse

ilovetracks ยท 2024-09-05 20:15

Still very strong, but has hesitation when moving lever before machine will move. Has a bad leak behind what I think is the charge pump on upper front of transmission I need to get into to fix. I'm thinking since it's still very strong the two main pumps on the bottom are still good, something else is causing the lag between moving lever and then the machine will respond a second or two later. Anyone know where the problem is I need to fix? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-09-09 08:50

    Have you changed the filter

  2. #2ilovetracks2024-09-10 01:05

    Haven't ran it in a year, but did the other day. I was wrong, It only has hesitation after starting the first time moving lever and then it doesn't hesitate forward to reverse from then on. I've serviced the engine and final drives, haven't done hystat yet but will next

  3. #3Nige2024-09-10 09:24

    Have a good read through this thread and take a good look at the seals on the small steel control lines for the hystat. HeavyEquipmentForums