My cat 951b just developed a severe engine knock accompanied my excessive smoke from the ccv tube. Im pretty sure it has the D330 engine it right now. I was searching for a reman engine but i cant find alot on the 330 however i know they put a 3304 in the newer model 951c. Would i have to change anything to swap mine to a 3304 or is it a simple swap?
My loader came with the 330 and was changed to 3304 before I got it. I do know the exhaust manifold and turbo are different
The 951B is fitted with the 330C engine this can be changed for the 3304 without to many drama's, I think the engine changed to the 3304 around Serial No 2520 but both engines had no turbo fitted in the B or C series, water connection and transmission oil cooler hook ups are the points to sort but is easy to do. tctractors
why not just in frame it
It is possible to fit new Crank bearings, Liners and Pistons in frame but you will have to remove the drive Pucks and engine mounting bolts to lift the sump plate clear enough to remove it. tctractors
can do it on a 955 951 must be closer
Im having trouble finding the right serial number for it so I can find out what engine is in it. The only plate I can find is on the dash near the right side foot pedal. It says 941b and has a serial number of 69H319. The cat dealer says that comes back to a 951c but it's not a complete serial number so they can't tell me anything about it.
add 2 zeros before the number
Look on the engine block right below the head usually a tag with engine serial on it ,the B&C came with a 48V 3304. Bob
and above the starter
The engine S/No is on a tag on the near side of the block by the Transmission oil cooler, if the tag is missing it is still stamped into the block were it would have been, your engine is the D330C the 3304 was not fitted to the 951B. tctractors. p.s. 69H 319 is spring 1968 build, to find the date of build look on the off side hard bar under the frame cover.
That's strange. That Serial Number shows as being a 951B when I look it up. 69H S/N prefix includes both B and C models of 951 as tctractors pointed out above.
The 69H Serial Number would I think to be found on built in France 951 powershift loaders, the 951 B changed to the C Series at 69H 1869, the engine change from the 330C to the 3304 came in at Serial Number 69H2520 i think it was. tctractors.