Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953 Doesnt move SOMETIMES

toofrab58 ยท 2016-04-23 06:41

I have a 1998 Cat 953 (2ZN02121)that runs great most of the time, but sometimes on start up it will not move in either direction. I can shut it down & leave it & come back later or the next day & it may or may not move. When it moves, it runs great like it was a new machine.When it doesnt move, I dont know what to do other than leave it alone. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1Cmark2016-04-23 08:44

    Does the ambient temperature seem to have any effect on the problem? If you think it's worse when it's cold, a cheap first step is to change the transmission oil and filter. (Making sure you use the correct spec oil)

  2. #2toofrab582016-04-23 09:11

    The temp doesnt seem to make a real difference, but changing the oil & filter would be a good idea. Thanks

  3. #3sealark372016-04-23 16:54

    Make sure that the brake pedal linkage is not binding and applying the brake. Regards, Clark

  4. #4toofrab582016-04-25 11:28

    I have pressed the brake pedal several times to see if it helps, but no real help. I just never know what or when. Thanks for the reply

  5. #5jdpalmer2018-08-11 16:48

    It says in the manual if started not in park mode it wont move.