Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 953 hydrostatic fluid

jdpalmer ยท 2018-08-22 12:24

I have a 1988 cat 953k i was sold transmission,hydraulic fluid for the hydrostatic drive,the manual calls for sae 10 w.Come to find out the fluid i have is 20 weight. I really dont want to harm the machine its in to good of shape.The fluid states its rated at T02 .Should i remove it .If you suggest removal please indicate a brand and proper numbers for me to purchase to refill.Serial no 78y01154.I am in nc.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2018-08-22 13:24

    I don't see any real issue there. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

  2. #2Nige2018-08-24 06:12

    CMark would the the one to express a definitive opinion on this one, he's the hydrostat loader expert. Problem is that he's off in the bush for a few days so it may take a while for him to respond. I'm fairly sure that the recommendation to use 10W is fairly well set in stone because of the complexity of what's inside there, and you deviate from it at your peril. Here's a link to a "how to" thread he posted a while ago on rebuilding the HPCU from a track loader. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3jdpalmer2018-08-24 09:16

    Finally i have an answer ,it will get a 10 w iol very soon. thanks for your reply.