Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953b drive line disconection

jca57jd ยท 2012-08-06 19:05

Hey Guys, I got a loader broke down way back in the woods.... I mean way back... and im going to have to pull it out with a dozer or another loader. I need to know how to disconect the drive motor or shaft so I can pull or drag it out. Another thing i need to know is if the breaks will work with the track drives disconected? many thanks for all of yalls help!! Thanks, John

Replies5
  1. #1PAcattech2012-08-06 20:41

    jca57jd there is two round covers in the center of each final drive remove the covers and the pull axle The machine will have NO brakes might have to bump the machine fwd and back abit to get them out. end of axle is threaded so you can screw eyebolt in the end to help pull them.

  2. #2jca57jd2012-11-02 10:39

    Can any body tell me what the best oil for me to put back in the drives would be? How much? Many thanks for your help!!!

  3. #3Bob/Ont2012-11-02 12:26

    The final drives use 50 oil Later Bob

  4. #4Nige2012-11-03 13:02

    The SAE50 oil Bob mentions above would be a TO-4 specification BTW ..........

  5. #5jca57jd2012-11-03 13:03

    Thanks alot guys!