Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953b HYDO Alternatives

cmz3535 · 2026-03-03 17:28

Looking for suggestions on alternatives to Cat HYDO 10 for hydraulic/hydrostatic oil in a 953b. What's everyone using?

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2026-03-03 17:41

    Any SAE10W or AW32 hydraulic oil produced by a major oil company using a zinc-based anti-wear package. You don't want to be running ashless/zinc-free oil in those systems.

  2. #2IceHole2026-03-03 18:54

    Rando HDZ 32 is what I run. Some systems spec an ISO 46, but it's more cold than hot here. Up north at work, Rando HDZ 15 and a few use 22

  3. #3Hwg2026-03-07 18:20

    Our local fuel supplier sells a 10w mobil that their guys call cat hydraulic oil. I think Mobil makes stuff for cat but it isn’t much cheaper than cat. I used Schaeffer’s for a lot of stuff.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2026-03-07 18:37

    Yes mobil makes cat oil unless you need thousands of gallons ive found you may aswell just buy it from cat

  5. #5Mross8232026-03-14 17:35

    I might not be the best advice since these my cat trackloader is more of a guilty pleasure than a work horse but I run iso 46 I can buy it for 30 dollars for a 5 gallon machine has 16xxx hrs

  6. #6IceHole2026-03-15 17:01

    That's got to be some bottom quality oil for that price!

  7. #7HarleyHappy2026-03-16 10:45

    Wasn’t aware you could buy anything oil in 5 gallon pails, under 60 to 80 bucks!

  8. #8Nige2026-03-16 10:47

    Apart from the dregs taken from the bottom of a storage tank somewhere maybe.?

  9. #9HarleyHappy2026-03-16 11:10

    Seriously, not even sure you can get fry oil that cheap.

  10. #10Welder Dave2026-03-16 17:05

    46 is a little thick too.