I recently got a rock wedged up in my track somehow somewhere. didn't know it till a hard jerk and spit the rock out ..immediately after I've got a grinding or growling noise coming from that side if the machine ..my first thought was I still had a piece of the rock wedged somewhere but didn't see anything ..any ideas what could be causing this ? would this cause my final drive to fail ? any help is greatly appreciated.
Possibly bent a guard that is now rubbing on a moving part.
I hope that's all is .I'm gonna inspect it closer today ..do you think that kinda impact can cause a final drive bearing to get damaged?
Probably not or you’d never get any work done with one. They get abused all day long with most operators.
That was my first thought. Look around the guard that's in front of the sprocket. Fairly thin metal compared to the other UC parts. Also could be stuck in the front track guides below the idler. I have a BBX 953 as well.
well I have looked and i can't find any bent guards or chunks of the rock still stuck in the track-roller frame . it seems to be a growling sound now .I feel like is getting louder .
I would be draining the oil and looking for debris. In case you were not aware, there is also a drain plug on the back of the final drive, underneath the machine.
yeah I think I'm gonna do that today..thanks
I once had a rock get in between the idler and C frame that supports it. How it got in I don't know but I had to break it to get it out which wasn't easy. Made a hell of a grinding screaching noise. I thought something was really buggered up. Glad it was something fairly simple. Not sure on your machine but could check if a rock got behind a guard or mud scraper and you can't see it. Maybe the rock broke but there is still a piece stuck somewhere you can't see?