My 955L caterpillar started pushing foam rom the Radiator. The temperature gauge is in the normal range. The main cap is not air tight and the pressure cap is 5psi. I didn’t know what pressure it was supposed to be. No white smoke from the stack, no water in the oil. Has anyone else had this kind of issue?
We’ve had a few D330 engine cooling system threads lately. The pre-cups probably have worm holes. That’s where I would start. Good thing you caught it early before the rod & mains get the sugar treatment.
At the risk of sounding stupid, what are pre-cups?
Those funny looking, round things the injection nozzles sit in. On the cylinder head. They swim in the coolant and get attacked by cavitation corrosion and the coolant chemistry. Form holes and the cylinder combustion escapes into the cooling system, thus making a foam party on top of the radiator.
Speaking of foam party’s. Are they still a thing? I reside way out in the bush and don’t get to town much. On a clear day, I can see Russia.
Tina Fay. That was some funny stuff. When SNL was still funny. But, a broken 955L is not funny. Gotta get it fixed. If those tracks ain’t spinnning, we ain’t winning.
Thanks I will check this out