Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966B

nevilley ยท 2019-05-11 11:03

Hi, recently I inquired about hooking up a 12/24 volt revolving orange light on my loader, had good replys back, so wondering if I wire it up to the starter motor, the positive wire goes to the positive on the starter and can the earth just hook up to any bare metal on the frame.. The flashing light has the cigarette lighter end, so was going to cut it off to hook up to the starter motor, I think with the flashing light two wires , one will turn the light in reverse ,so just a matter of putting the correct wire onto the starter..Also I always turn off the main switch when not using the loader...

Replies2
  1. #1grandpa2019-05-11 15:23

    Yes the ground can go where you see fit.

  2. #2kshansen2019-05-11 18:36

    Yes that would work if you just want to have it run full time while the disconnect switch is on. Just for fun/safety I would install an inline fuses right at the positive terminal of the starter. that way if for some reason you didn't want the light running you could just pull the fuse and use it as an on/off switch!