Hi ! I trust you are well. Is there a way to have a maintenance plan for a 992K Wheel Loader ? I mean a kind of guideline for the specific operations to perform on the machine along its whole life ? I would appreciate any help, in order to diagnose, track and even prevent anomalies on this type of machine with a template. Thanks in advance for your support. Regards.
Your question gives the impression that you are looking for a component replacement schedule rather than planned maintenance. "Diagnose, track & prevent" - that's going to need some sort of Condition Monitoring Program. What type of operation does it work in, 24/7/365 or something less than that.? A lot will depend on the operational schedule of the machine but your local Cat dealer should have something to use as a starting point. What we used to do on the larger machines was initially estimate engine replacement hours based on average hourly fuel consumption then work every other component around the engine. As actual engine replacement hours changed from the estimate then all the other component hours also changed.
I may didn’t express correctly what I meant. I have a PCR based on hourly functioning hours, a starting point to schedule Major component replacement based on last changing, monthly hours functioning, optimal interval planned for the component etc. it’s similar for the minors components (starter, alternator, Valve Gp etc). What I would like to have if possible now, are the specific operations to perform along the whole life of the machine apart from the major and minor component replacement and the standard PM. It can be the hitch control, at specific interval or anything other. Thus to ensure that I am taking “good care of the machine”. Maybe those information can be found on SIS, ( which is not available to me), or are set in AMT which is also not available to me; So if there is any template available, that would help me. regards
There isn't one that I know of. We always used to build our own because every operation is always slightly different. Everything on the machine can be considered as a component. That includes the front & rear chassis, loader arms, articulation hitch, cab, controls, operator seat, etc, etc. Basically we used to build something in Microsoft Project that started with each major component and cascaded down to the minor components that were considered "part" of the major component to create a BOM of the work necessary to intervene in that system. As an example all the air or hydraulic hoses for a particular system (brakes, steering, hyd fan, implements, etc, etc) were included as lower level items in the same system. All the chassis wiring harnesses were considered part of whichever chassis they were installed on. In a similar way smaller components such as brake/steering/etc accumulators were considered a lower-level part of whatever system on which they were installed. It might be a silly question but if you have no access to SIS how do you order spare parts for what must be something around a $2m machine.?
Thanks for your answer, indeed the decomposition of the machine from component to sub-component is something to be considered following the hierarchy of SIS for instance. Regarding your question: I use to have SIS and created already some BOM I can use depending the repair, with excel files ofr the reference of some major and minor component. But I also have the .pdf documentation, that came with machine when you purchase which can help to order spare parts ( Not very convenient for the NPR but it helps
We used SIS to create our BOMs, basically in 2 steps. First a series of pdf documents where all the Must-Use parts (MUP) included in the BOM were highlighted, and an Excel "master" file that related Group #, Group Name, Part #, Description, quantity, pricing, etc. If you do not have access to SIS now it must be like having an arm cut off............