Anyone know what the original cat backhoe model line-up consisted of in the eighties and what distinguished one from another? Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I can gather, the first was the 416 in 1985 which was a small frame/tyre 2wd, with a centre mount hoe, then came the 428 in 1986 with a larger frame/tyre, sideshift/extendahoe and 4wd. The 438 was a larger frame again. Is that correct?
The 416 85-90, 426 86-90, 428 86-90, 436 86-90, 438 88-90, 446 89-95. I don't know what was sold for the Australia market but this is listed in the performance hand book. The hp started at around 62 and went to around 95, weight around 13,500 and up to 20,000 pounds, dig depth 14'6" to 17'2", front bucket 1 yard to 1 1/2 yard. Others may jump in, we only had two cats 416 and 416B that were traded less than a few months after running them.
O.k. That clarifies things. Thx Sheepfoot.
So 416, 426, 436, 446 were all centre mount hoe`s and 428, 438 were sideshift? Any other differences between models ending in 6 and their equivalent models ending in 8?