Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310D swing frame pins

haggis437 ยท 2016-08-01 20:33

I've got a 310D and the upper backhoe swing frame holes are worn and the pin falls out during use. Is there a remedy for this besides having oversize pins made up?

Replies6
  1. #1Deon2016-08-01 21:41

    There should be a bolt holding the pin in place.

  2. #2haggis4372016-08-02 07:23

    Jd 310d on this particular model, only the lower pin uses the bolt to keep it in, not the upper.

  3. #3Michael corley2016-08-02 09:11

    I used some PvPk repair kits on my case 580c swing tower. Maybe they will work for you .

  4. #4Dickjr.2016-08-02 09:28

    Are these like expander pins? I just did this repair on my 416C and it required welding up the holes and line boring.

  5. #5Michael corley2016-08-02 09:41

    No. They have new bushing bosses that weld on the outer sides of the swing tower with new longer pins. I don't know if they will work on anything other than a case but I did use one on a dump bed cylinder also.

  6. #6mudober2016-08-03 14:18

    Weld something on the pin so it can't fall thru.