Hello all! In regards to my CAT 305 ser#DCR00532, I’m looking for a cross reference number and different brand for the hydraulic pilot filter/element. CAT# 140-4614 These are special order now as CAT doesn’t make them anymore. Which makes it’s a couple weeks wait and high cost. I have tried all the cross reference databases I can find with no luck. But I know there are lots of different 305 models out there and am wondering if there’s comparability between some, or has anyone found somewhere to order these hydraulic cartridge filters by dimension?
Moved this over to the compact excavator forum. Our 305E H5M serial # uses a 421-5481. It's a cartridge filter as well. I wonder if the housing could be swapped out?
No information on SIS for your machine - presumably grey market. However, there is this in the Cat filter search - 1208757. And here it is in a parts manual. Ref #3. Does it look like yours?
I don't think 120-8757 is it. According to SPS it is 100mm diameter x 230mm long. The 140-4614 is listed as 51mm diameter x 51mm long and is listed as a cartridge-type hydraulic element not a screen. To the OP. Do the above measurements sound correct.? If not please post the length & diameter of the element you are looking for. TBH they sound awfully small to me. Also while on the subject, do you have a Parts Manual for your machine.? If you do please post an image of the hydraulic tank and filter setup. What I'm really interested in is the "top level" Group Part Number for the complete tank & filter assembly.
Thanks everyone! Yes Nige, cartridge type hydraulic element and 51mm x 51mm sounds about right (I’ll get measurements and pics today.) On my parts manual page the filter assembly is #17, with a threaded bottom cup that houses the element 140-4614.
51mm height and 51mm diameter, looks right!
.
I think it’s my best plan is to swap in a bigger cup with a filter that is more readily available. It turns out my much larger/older excavator, a hitachi ex300-2 has a similar hydraulic pilot filter assembly to my CAT 305, same thread pattern on the Hitachi longer ‘cup’ and filter. The shorter CAT cup and filter swap right into the Hitachi assembly. But the Hitachi cup and filter are too long to fit in the CAT. This gives me good hope though, that there is a good fit / compatible swap size out there. Nige, what is the sps? and how do I get access to those dimension sizes you looked up? I’m wanting to go through and see if I can find the biggest cup that will fit the space and screw into my CAT hydraulic pilot filter assembly.
SPS is Caterpillar's "Similar Parts System" and you can't get access I'm afraid.
That looks very close to what my kobelco sk 160-6e uses for pilot filter, I have a new one from Napa on the shelf I’ll check in a bit when I go out there and measure it and post the Napa part #. Just maybe it would work
Sorry for taking so long to get back here, measured the Napa filter I have it’s slightly smaller 1.5” across and 2” tall. Center hole where it seals is about 7/8”. Not sure if that would work for you or not. My local Napa had them in stock maybe yours would too if it seems close to be able to compare. Napa part # R12E10CV. Best of luck