Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D Series Add Aux Electric Function

Frazier995 ยท 2020-11-01 17:57

Has anyone had any luck adding a aux electric switches to a Cat D series machine? I purchased an Articulating Brush Cutter to use on a 2014 Cat 289D. This machine is somewhat new to me and I was thinking that I had 6 aux functions like my previous machine but found that I only have 4. Went to install electric and realized that I can only control 3 of the functions of the cutter. I was looking at wiring a rocker switch to use the other function on the brush cutter. Has anyone done anything like this or have any other suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2020-11-01 21:18

    On my D, turning off rabbit enables a left trigger pull to reassign the rh buttons, giving 6 functions.

  2. #2Frazier9952020-11-02 04:32

    Yeah that was what my last machine had. This new machine does not have the 2 buttons on the right joystick only the roller wheel and trigger.

  3. #3AlanC2020-11-02 07:47

    Hi. I had a similar problem. (see my recent post). Not enough buttons to operate a backhoe attachment. (and the logic of buttons is not right). I purchased a $16 4 way joystick off EBay and connected this to a cable that I run into the cabin past the door rubber. I will eventually Velcro this joystick to the safety arm so it is quick to remove and in an easy position to use. Just need to sort out the 12volt power from the 14 pin plug and it's done. Regards Alan