Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3 demo have ?????????

DIG IT ยท 2012-08-18 08:33

I was able to demo a D3K wide track last week, the salesman told us that the undercarrage would last for 6000 hrs. And that the motor and trasmission would go for about 12000 hrs. I know that he was trying to sell us a cat dozer but we have never got more than 2000 hrs on our undercarrage. What do you guys think about the new Cat dozers?

Replies5
  1. #1pp13bnos2012-08-18 09:12

    I'd tell him to put it in writing, and you have a deal.

  2. #2ben46a2012-08-18 18:51

    That does sound a little high, what type of soil do you have there? Sandy or loamy? As said above get it in writing signed!

  3. #3John C.2012-08-18 19:52

    If it is System 1 undercarriage it is very possible. If it is standard undercarriage make him put it in writing and and then enjoy the ride.

  4. #4pp13bnos2012-08-19 00:06

    Seriously John, 6000hrs out of a LGP? (I'm guessing its LGP as he said wide track.) I had no idea the system 1 would last that long. Hmmmm...makes ya think....

  5. #5DGODGR2012-08-19 09:43

    I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think there is a single rock in all of Wisconsin (the OPs stated location). If this is the case it may be possible to get that service life