Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3B and D3C Undercarriage Parts Interchangeable?

Piston ยท 2022-04-15 05:59

Are undercarriage parts from a D3B able to be put onto a D3C?

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-04-15 14:56

    I believe they are the same. An undercarriage shop/supplier would know for sure and in the Cat undercarriage guide I think it shows the same track pitch. I'm pretty sure the idlers I put on my 931B (loader) had D3C cast on them.

  2. #2Piston2022-04-16 02:51

    Thanks Dave. I tried looking up part numbers online, but I'm having a hard time finding what I need. The reason I ask is because I found a nice new(er) D3C that has a completely worn undercarriage but otherwise seems nice. I have a D3B that has an almost new undercarriage. My wheels got spinning lol

  3. #3John C.2022-04-16 11:27

    Pitch on the track chains should be 6.125 inch. If they are Caterpillar brand tracks there will be a part number cast into the links. Provide that number and I can look up what you have.