Greetings, Please can anyone help me with a list of the recommend parts needed to overhaul my engine? Much Thanks
This is the parts list I have so far. However I am not 100% sure if its correct-- specifically with regard to the Pistons and Liners. My mechanic said I do not need liners with my block so I imagine these might not be the right piston size for me as they would be slightly smaller to account for liners? Or am I mistaken.
This is one of those "OMG, where does one start?" type of questions........ It's like asking how long is a piece of string. First, and most important, the cylinder block of your specific engine S/No does not have cylinder liners . So if the holes are worn so oversize as to be beyond the maximum diameter permitted in the specification (or they are scored) then you are looking for either a) a replacement cylinder block or b) a machine shop that can bore out the holes and sleeve them back to new factory bore diameter. I would imagine that the possibility of option b) is a bit thin on the ground where you are............ A lot will depend on what you find when you disassemble the engine. It is guaranteed that you will find something on teardown that you had not considered. A start on a parts list. I hope others will ptich in with suggestions. 1. Complete set of crankshaft (main & rod) bearings plus thrust washers. New front & rear crankshaft seals. Crankshaft damper (if not in good condition) 2. Pistons, piston rings, small end bearings, circlips, piston cooling jets - maybe even new piston pins. 3. Camshaft bushings. 3. Valve guides, inlet & exhaust valves, springs, & valve retainers. 4. Water pump, thermostat, + all new coolant hoses/clips. Internal clean of radiator. New radiator cap & relief valve (if fitted) 5. Oil pump & oil pressure relief valve. 6. Bearings in front timng gear group. 7. Fan belts, check crankshaft/fan pulleys for wear & replace as necessary. 8. Injector nozzles. Check/overhaul the fuel injection pump (if facilities exist). 9. Air filters, flexible hose on air intake system. 10. Complete engine gasket kit.
Thank you very much Nige, this is of great help.
Your parts list says “piston, standard size”. If there are oversized pistons available, then the block could be bored oversize and oversize pistons used instead of being bored and sleeved back to standard size. Regardless, do not get the block bored before you actually have the new pistons in case they are back ordered or not available
Good point. For the OP's 115-4841 Engine Arrangement Cat states that oversize pistons are available in 0.25mm and 0.5mm sizes. Piston rings are also available in the same two oversize dimensions. Another thing. The crankshaft should be inspected and if necessary ground undersize. Main & rod bearings are both available in 0.25, 0.50mm, & 0.75mm undersizes.
Please can you help me find the parts number for these nozzle, there are a couple options and I'm not sure which is correct.
See attached. You also really should replace the fuel injection lines with new and all new clamps. The ones that are on there right now have seen better days.
Update: I've ordered my parts The most essential items will arrive in about two week via air delivery and the other heavier items will come in later via sea freight.
Have you got the engine disassembled yet.?
If there's any thing I can say about those engines is every blown up on I've pulled apart had rod nuts off the bolts laying in the pan. I put a dab of blue lactate on them going back together.
Thank you for this heads up-- I will keep my eyes open.
So far I have only pulled the head-- I was hoping to keep the machine slightly running until parts came in, however after it wouldn't start the other day we had to pull the head and drop the hole pan to search for where water was mixing with oil-- we ended up having a broken piston.
Update: My Parts arrived last week and we have installed them. Our Machine is back working
I haven't been posting anything to help with your issues, I had nothing to offer but I'm pleased to see you are back up and running, I hope all goes well for you.
I have a 315B with the 3046 engine. Did you go with standard size pistons? Was the cylinder walls ok? My engine is still running but smokes and using a gallon of oil per day. Thanks.